- 5 ounces whole garlic, peeled
- 2 cups olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 ounces white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 3 avocados
- 5 ounces roasted garlic, minced (from Part 1)
- 1 ounce fresh basil, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon oregano, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Small bowl
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Potato masher or fork
- Combine peeled garlic and olive oil in a small roasting pan, cover the garlic with oil.
- Cover pan and roast in oven at 275°F for 2 hours, remove and chill. Drain and reserve oil.
- Combine white balsamic vinegar, honey, and salt, then pour mixture over diced tomatoes. Refrigerate overnight.
- Place avocado flesh in medium mixing bowl.
- Add roasted and minced garlic (from Step 1), basil, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Mix and mash with whatever instrument best suits your personality.
- Add in refrigerated tomato balsamic mix (from Step 2).
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer into a container, label, and refrigerate.
Chef’s Tip: Save the roasted garlic oil from Step 1 to use in other recipes!