If you are planning to entertain over the holidays, we’ve got you covered for a stress-free party. When hosting a holiday gathering there is always a need for a delicious, and festive spread! From festive cocktails to crowd pleasing appetizers we are here to help make your party one to remember. Impress your guests by creating a signature winter cocktail, a seasonal appetizer and indulge in a sweet treat.
Cranberries represent the holiday season better than any other fruit. Spread the cheer with the following recipes:
Cranberry Moscow Mule
The classic Moscow Mule is now all dressed up for the holiday season. This super easy Cranberry Moscow Mule is the perfect holiday drink for your party. All you need is a little lime, ginger beer and fresh cranberries as the perfect garnish. Enhance your taste buds with this fresh, light cocktail. You’re sure to be making this drink all winter long.
- 4 oz. of Ginger Beer
- 2 oz. of Vodka
- 2 oz. of Cranberry Juice
- 1 Lime
To start making the cocktail, combine the 2oz. of vodka, the juice of one lime, and the cranberry juice to the copper mug (or glass). Add in lots of ice and top it off with ginger beer and stir. Lastly garnish with cranberries and lime slices.
Cheers! Drink responsibly, for all your designated drivers, you can easily make this an non-alcoholic beverage.
Pomegranate and Cranberry Bruschetta
It’s time to impress everyone at the party with this trendy, festive take on bruschetta. This is a simple yet satisfying appetizer that will have your guests wanting more all evening. The sweet taste of pomegranate combined with tart cranberries will have everyone in the holiday spirit.
- ¾ cup of pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped, thawed
- 2 tbsp. of sugar
- 1 tsp. finely shredded orange zest (optional)
- A dash of salt
- Baguette, cut diagonally
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-oz.) log Brie cheese
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- In a small bowl combine pomegranate seeds, chopped cranberries, sugar, orange zest, and salt.
- Cover and chill up to 3 days.
- To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bread slices on a baking pan. Lightly coat both sides with cooking spray; sprinkle with black pepper. Bake 8 minutes, turning once. Top with cheese.
- Bake 4 minutes, or until cheese is softened.
- Stir basil into pomegranate mixture; spoon onto bread.
- Serve warm.
Cranberry Dessert Bars
It’s cold outside but were about to heat up the kitchen with some festive Cranberry Dessert Bars! With this recipe you can turn a simple cake recipe into a scrumptious dessert bar. If we had to sum up the holidays in one dessert, this would be it.
- 3/4 cup of softened butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 cups of fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix butter with sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs and beat for another 2 minutes. Mix in flour and almond extract. Fold in cranberries and pecans until well combined.
- Coat a 13×9-inch pan with cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake 40-45 minutes or until fully cooked. Cool on a wire rack.
- When cool, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into bars of desired size. Serve warm or cold with cherry cranberry sauce if desired
With these simple recipes, your next holiday party is sure to be a hit. Let us know how your recipes turned out!