Here is the recipe!
D’s D-Lish Sweet Potato Cornbread
- 2 cups of cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1 ½ cup mashed sweet potatoes (best if oven baked in foil)
- 3 eggs
- 1 (13.5 oz) can of coconut milk
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, coconut milk and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined
- Pour the batter into a hot, greased cast-iron skillet or in a muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray (recipe should make 10-12 muffins)
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown. Test by inserting a toothpick in the center – if it comes out clean, they’re ready!
The Simplified Version
- 2 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 can of sweet yams, mashed (12-14 oz.)
- Replace oil with coconut oil (follow box directions)
- Replace milk with coconut milk (follow box directions)
Let us know if you try making the recipe. You can tag us in your photos on social media by using #CALV.