Open to incumbent workers at participating properties:
This class teaches the basics of preparing and serving food safely. Topics include:
- Good personal hygiene
- Key practices for ensuring food safety
- How to prevent cross-contamination
- Cleaning and sanitizing
- Protecting yourself from common foodborne illnesses
- Time and temperature control
- Contaminants and food allergans
- The flow of food from purchasing to serving
The ServSafe program is based on federal food safety guidelines, and the certification is good nationwide for five years. For more information, call (702) 924-2112.
We offer flexible scheduling for the eight hours of training, which is taught by the Academy’s certified instructors. Ninety percent of our students pass the final examination, which we administer after the training is completed.